Am 29.07.2015 um 11:25 schrieb Alexander Holler:
Am 23.05.2015 um 05:55 schrieb Martin KaFai Lau:

This series is to avoid creating a RTF_CACHE route whenever we are
consulting
the fib6 tree with a new destination.  Instead, only create RTF_CACHE
route
when we see a pmtu exception.

That even helps on systems without an IPv6-connection to world because
it avoids the IPv6 route add/delete pairs which happened before whenever
an IPv6-connection was tried (e.g. by Happy Eyeballs algorithms).

I think that's worse a laud. thanks.

Of course, I meant worth. Sorry, but the left part of my brain seems to be sometimes in a (maybe forced) power save mode. ;)

Also I wonder how the previous algorithm went into the kernel at all or why it wasn't fixed earlier. Anyway, it's great that someone took the time to fix that annoying behaviour (I've had on my radar since quiet some time).

Thanks again

Alexander Holler