On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 08:39:24PM +0200, Phil Sutter wrote:
[...]
> I'll start implementing the above immediately, but would appreciate to
> hear your comments on it meanwhile. I wonder especially what makes the
> difference between pfifo and pfifo_fast and why the latter can't be
> selected explicitly by a user yet. Are there any good reasons for it
> aside from it being the "default" and therefore selecting it can be done
> by having tx_queue_len > 0 and removing the root qdisc?

Please ignore most of my questions regarding pfifo_fast here. I based my
assumptions upon 'tc' utility of RHEL7, which is buggy in that it does
not allow to add qdiscs which do not support extra options. Using
mainline tc, pfifo_fast can be attached just like any other qdisc.

Sorry for the noise,

Phil