I'm doing some experiments that are trying to simultaneously
scaling the number of CPUs, and the number of processes
and encountering getifaddrs() weaknesses.

Others have run into similar things in the past,  e.g.,
  http://lists.openwall.net/netdev/2014/01/23/119
and more relevant to my experiment: the findings behind
the recent commit a3a77372.

In my case, it looks like getifaddrs() doesnt even use the
results of IFLA_INET6_STATS or IFLA_INET6_ICMP6STATS-
from my scan of glibc, this information is ignored (it only
looks at IFLA_STATS).  Moreover, if I hack out  all of
snmp_fold_field() (so that it always returns 0),  it helps
my cpu utilization and scaling, and no errors are reported.

So the question is- who uses IFLA_INET6_STATS/IFLA_INET6_ICMP6STATS?
Is this intended for some ND/ripngd etc daemon?  Doesnt seem to
be documented in rtnetlink(7), and couldnt find any users in glibc,
and google did not find any usage.

--Sowmini