On 9/10/15, 3:58 PM, David Miller wrote:
From: roopa <ro...@cumulusnetworks.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 15:26:30 -0700

On 9/9/15, 11:40 PM, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
Hi,

This still not fixed in iproute 4.2.

Is they any plan to increase the rtnl_dump_filter buffer size soon ?
Instead of increasing the default size, it would be nicer if this was
configurable for iproute2 (I haven't looked yet).
I would definitely prefer this be done in a run-time manner of some
sort, and then other libraries can use iproute2's logic as a reference
for how to deal with this reliably, properly, and in a %100
future-proof manner.

Something of the "if request X fails, double the buffer size" variety.
agreed. This would be ideal. libnl already handles it this way.
We have to move iproute2 recv buffer to dynamic allocation and also realloc on MSG_TRUNC.

I can get to it one of these days unless somebody beats me to it.

thanks.