It seems like running 'vconfig add IFACE 0' and using IFACE.0 would do this,
but it doesn't actually seem to work that way.

If I capture on IFACE directly, I'd expect to get all traffic, including the tagged frames (with the tag intact). Looking to be able to bridge/capture/etc. and specifically only receive the untagged frames that haven't already been pulled out into a vlan specific interface.

Is there any way to accomplish this without using ebtables or other similar
hacks?

-- Nathan