Jiri Pirko <j...@resnulli.us> wrote:

>>> +       int (*port_init)(struct rocker_port *rocker_port, void *priv,
>>> +                        void *port_priv);
>>
>> Yuck, void *.  Can we do better?
>
> I see nothing wrong with this priv usage. It's done like this on many
> places. I think it is completely legit, since the call points are well
> defined and wrapped.

This particular call is perhaps the most troubling. In general, if there is one
void parameter you may well get a compile error on a non-void parameter if you
get them switched around. With two void parameters that is no longer the case,
making it even more error-prone than the other uses of void *.

--
Mark Rustad, Networking Division, Intel Corporation