On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 4:09 PM, Lorenzo Colitti <lore...@google.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 9:04 AM, Tom Herbert <t...@herbertland.com> wrote:
>> or to start killing connections based on some arbitrary policy when
>> under memory pressure.
>
> You mean like the OOM killer starts killing entire processes based on
> some arbitrary policy when under memory pressure? :-)

No, I mean something that kills connections where previously this did
not happen. The fact that this is done at the process level does not
justify that it is a right to at do connections. Besides, if you
really intend to do this then provide a privileged process a means to
close *any* open file descriptor in the system (why stop at TCP
sockets)!