On 01/29/2016 12:39 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Larry Finger <larry.fin...@lwfinger.net> wrote:

The test patch that Johannes sent earlier was close. The section needed to
add VHT rates is:

Hmm. This looks pretty much exactly like what I already tried (I had
fixed Johannes' patch to use "vht_cap" already, since it didn't
compile otherwise).

So the only difference is that it only checks WIRELESS_MODE_AC_5G.

But it worked for me this time. I have no idea why.

Maybe Johannes' patch actually always worked for me, but I just had a
transient problem that made me think it didn't. I think I only booted
it once, and went "oh, ok, no network, that didn't work".

Thanks for testing.

Upon reflection, it really should check the other WIRELESS_MODE_AC_x bits. Johannes' patch was indeed correct.

With my AP setup changed, I get about 100 Mb/s RX using netperf. TX is still
bad.

@Johannes: OK if I make you the author of the final version of the patch?

Larry