On 15/02/16 16:32, Jiri Benc wrote:
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 16:22:08 +0000, Robert Shearman wrote:
Yeah, it's the C preprocessor. MODULE_ALIAS_RTNL_LWT includes the string
for the encap type in the module alias, and since the LWT encap types
are defined as enums this is symbolic name. I can't see any way of
getting the preprocessor to convert
MODULE_ALIAS_RTNL_LWT(LWTUNNEL_ENCAP_MPLS) into "rtnl-lwt-MPLS", but I'm
open to suggestions.

MODULE_ALIAS_RTNL_LWT(MPLS)?

But whatever, as I said, no strong preference.

I was so hung up on the making the string match the name of the enum that I'd discounted that, but you're right that doing that would reduce duplication in the alias string.

True, but I figured that it was cleaner for the lwtunnel infra to not
assume whether how those modules are implemented. If you disagree, then
I can change to doing as you suggest.

It's not completely transparent to the infrastructure anyway, the
tunnel type needs to be added to lwtunnel_encap_str for new tunnels.
The way I suggested, it's only added for those tunnels having the
module alias set.

Just trying to get rid of the unnecessary strings in
lwtunnel_encap_str. There's no need to bloat kernel with them if
they're never used.

Ok, will resubmit without the unnecessary strings in that function as well as with your suggestion above.

Thanks for the review,
Rob