Hi Jiri,

On 22.02.2016 19:31, Jiri Pirko wrote:
From: Jiri Pirko <j...@mellanox.com>

So far, there has been an mlx4-specific sysfs file allowing user to
change port type to either Ethernet of InfiniBand. This is very
inconvenient.

Again, I want to express my concerns regarding all of this until this will be integrated into udev/systemd for stable device names. While one can build wrapper code around devlink to have stable devlink ports, I don't see a reason to include kernel code which actually has more problems than the sysfs approach. This harms admins to use those devices and will additionally require user space to write boiler plate code.

Thanks,
Hannes