Hello.

Bout 2 weeks ago i wrote a mail to the user-list of netfilter, but there
nobody could help me. In fact only 1 even tried, so I thought i should give
it a try at the devel-list, since it has something to do with debugging.

The problem is the newnat-patch delivered with cvs of 1.2.6; I had the same
problem with 1.2.5/newnat7 before.

Below is the output of p-o-m; not saying very much.

What I'm asking for is help in finding out WHY it does not apply. I use a
virgin 2.4.18-kernel without patches (before p-o-m) and my iptables only
starts with a debugging-off 1.2.5-iptables-package
(ftp://ftp.shorewall.net/pub/shorewall/iptables-1.2.5-1.i386.rpm)
installed. Used system is a RH 7.1 with some updates.

My aim is to get H.323-conntrack back running. I once got it running
smoothly, but then I messed with my system and had to reinstall some major
parts. Since then neither the newnat- nor the H.323-patches do apply cleanly.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Markus Bossert

Output of P-o-M

Testing... 0-newnat8.patch NOT APPLIED (93 rejects out of 95 hunks)
The newnat/0-newnat8 patch:
    Author: Harald Welte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
    modified by Jozsef Kadlecsik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

    Implementation of the new nat API for kernel 2.4.17 and above.

    The whole newnat suite is dependent of it.
Do you want to apply this patch [N/y/t/f/a/r/b/w/v/q/?] y
Testing patch newnat/0-newnat8.patch...
Failed to patch copy of /usr/src/linux
TEST FAILED: patch NOT applied.

[Press enter to continue]

Do you want to apply this patch [N/y/t/f/a/r/b/w/v/q/?]