Hi,

Yet another request for comments. I promise I'll stop with these soon. :)

So I've mentioned that I need a notification when a socket is closed. As
there are other parts in netfilter which might assign state to sockets
through setsockopt/getsockopt, I wanted to make the close callback as
general as possible.

I'm thinking about putting a close() function pointer into struct
nf_sockopt_ops, and call it from nf_sock_release (new function), which is
called from inet_release() when CONFIG_NETFILTER is defined.

This way any parts of netfilter might register a close callback. (even
conntrack might use it to deregister local sockets from the conntrack table)

Opinions?

--
Bazsi