Steve,

I've used NetLogo3D to model multiple countries, with each country being on
a separate z plane.  It allows me to connect the countries with links or,
to keep them from interacting with each other by not linking them. Might
that work for you, or are you already modeling 3D worlds?  How about a
NetLogoXD?!)

Charles