Hey Jean-Daniel,

I'm guessing you were looking at this documentation already, but just to
make sure:  https://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/docs/3d.html#custom-shapes

Unfortunately that is all the info we have on 3D shapes editing, and it's
pretty limited.  The next idea I had was to check out existing shapes in
models in the models library as a reference, but I don't see any custom
shapes used in there, either, beyond the basic "turtle arrow" shape.  I'm
not sure if there are any "in the wild" NetLogo 3D models out on the
internet with custom shapes that would be good references.

The only other idea I have is to create a NetLogo 3D model that is just for
shape editing - when you click `setup` it creates a single turtle with your
new custom shape and watches/inspects it, setting the appropriate viewing
angles.  Then you can edit the shape inside the NetLogo 3D file in an
external editor and quickly reload in NetLogo 3D to see the changes.  That
might at least ease the process of manually creating the shape.

There are no plans I'm aware of to add 3D shape editing to NetLogo 3D.
There are also no tools I'm aware of to convert 3D shapes from external
programs.  Creating a tool like that would be the easiest path to make 3D
shape editing easier, I think, but I wouldn't call it a simple task.

Sorry I don't have better answers.

-Jeremy