Enabling logging through the preferences menu in the GUI should also enable
it when running headlessly through the included script and when running
through sbt as it's stored per-user.  Since this is the devel group I'm not
100% which headless method you are referring to, though.  If you can
provide more details on what you are doing and why, I or someone else might
be able to provide more helpful information.  Thanks.

-Jeremy