Like most things in life, it’s complicated.

if any? mammoths-here [
      let r random 100
      if r < 3 [ die ] ; mammoths have a 3% chance of killing the human
      if r < 3 + odds-of-killing [
        ask one-of mammoths-here [ die ] ; successfully hunt a mammoth!
        set mammoths-killed-by-humans mammoths-killed-by-humans + 1
      ]

This part is like wolf-sheep predation. The next part is unrelated.

    ask mammoths [
    ; mammoths have a 5% chance of dying if they're over 30
    if age > 30 * 12 and random-float 100 < 5 [ die ]
    ; they also get another 5% chance of dying if their density is too high
    if density > 0.50 and random-float 100 < 5 [ die ]
    ; if they are on a patch affected by climate change, they get a 5% chance
of dying
    if [ pcolor ] of patch-here = green + 3 and random-float 100 < 5 [
      set mammoths-killed-by-climate-change mammoths-killed-by-climate-change +
1
      die
    ]
    ; finally, all mammoths have a 0.33% chance of dying.
    if random-float 100 < 0.33 [ die ]

Sent from my iPhone