> Hello All,
>
> So I have confirmed this issue.
>
> After changing my local machine ID password and placing a New
> Call with
> the option "Require security for this call (Data Only)"
> selected, I am
> getting a Certificate Error.
>
> My only work around at this point is to do a quick
> uninstall/reinstall.  Granted I said quick but I'd rather not have to
> deal with this issue at all.
>
> Anybody have any ideas on why I am having this issue? or
> Better yet to
> make them go away?  :-)
>
> Andi

I am not totally sure what you mean you say the "local machine ID password"
-- this is a bios based password?

The default NetMeeting certificate is built on installation using machine
specific information -- I am not totally sure what -- likely something
containing the "local machine ID password" from your symptoms.

Likely the only way around it is to obtain (and install for NetMeeting use)
a certificate from an authority (I think there is a certificate builder
available for local certificates on Windows servers) but my knowledge on
specifically how to do this is limited.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional