Hi all,

I think we need to revisit this discussion about how ACL type works in
draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-03.

It should be mandatory and we should separate v4 from v6.  Vendors can augment
for future "mixed" types (or maybe we should make an if-feature for a "mixed"
type now that means "anything goes").

We should follow existing common implementations for this in order to foster
better adoption.

Cisco IOS-XR has separate lists for ipv4 and ipv6 and part of specifying the
list:
ipv4 access-list <name>
ipv6 access-list <name>

Junos has separate lists for v4 and v6:
access-list <xyz> ...
ipv6 access-list <abc> ...

ALU SR OS has separate lists for v4, v6 and mac:
config filter ip-filter <abc>
config filter ipv6-filter <def>
config filter mac-filter <ghi>

Huawei uses separate lists for v4 and v6:
acl number 3000
acl ipv6 number 3000

Please see below with [>>JTS]

Regards,