>>> I strongly disagree with this attitude, this is a normal IETF procedure.
>>> Things can be changed even during WGLC.
>>>
>>> Virtual interims aren?t good for discussing non-trivial technical issues.
>>>

>> I am not hearing any new arguments for changing this rule for augments.
>> It's up to the co-chairs whether they want to re-open this issue.
>
> This might be ignorance of detail, but doesn't this approach essentially
> force
> vendors to publish [what i've been calling] enterprise yang models for models
> that they might otherwise just augment to support proprietary features?

I think there are two aspects here. On the one hand, we probably don’t want
vendors to augment a standard interface type with mandatory parameters because
this breaks interoperability and creates a silo.

On the other hand, vendors (or anybody) can create a new interface type (or
derive its identity from a standard type), and then they should be able to use
full power of YANG to specify schema constraints including mandatory parameters
where necessary.

Lada

> if so, what is the point of defining *any* models?
>

>>> Lada
>>>

>> Andy

Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C