> Another approach is to not rely so heavily on one giant uber-tree
> that MUST be correct on the first try and never change.

I agree that an uber tree stands to make things worse.   Distinct modules have
distinct namespaces and no collisions concerns.   But even better than that,
distinct modules promote competition.  I have no issues with there existing
modules with overlapping concerns, even when implemented simultaneously by the
same server.  I'm projecting, but it seems that the uber tree approach would
put a freeze to such experimentation, which is fine for a specific project to
hoist onto itself, but seems inappropriate for a standards organization.
Again, I like the idea of relocatable modules, as it seems to allow coexistence
of both options.

Kent // as a contributor