> On 16 Sep 2015, at 18:00, Andy Bierman <a...@yumaworks.com> wrote:
>

> On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 8:17 AM, Juergen Schoenwaelder
> <j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 12:21:44PM -0700, Andy Bierman wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 12:01 PM, Randy Presuhn <
> > randy_pres...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi -

This text is essentially in 6020bis, I see no need to repeat it.

>  The YANG RFC itself should be silent about data-model specific
> semantics that are added to an anydata subtree.  The text "if available"
> is especially non-enforceable and therefore pointless.

I must admit I am getting lost in these discussions. It seems to me there is a
lot of hand-waving and hidden assumptions that moreover differ from one person
to another. As I already said in Prague, both anyxml and anydata are IMO
constructs of marginal utility and it is frustrating we spend so much effort on
them.

Lada

> > Once again we confuse conformance to YANG with conformance to
> > a module written in YANG.  The YANG Patch text can make additional
> > requirements for conformance to YANG Patch.  This is quite different
> > than generic conformance to RFC6020bis.
>
> I do not think that we confuse conformance to YANG with conformance to
> a module written in YANG.
>
> /js
>

> Andy
>

> --
> Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
> Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
> Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C