Hi,

What about the data models that do not follow 1D?

  - templates: the intended data model and applied data model are disjoint
  - 'auto-duplex' corner-case: the intended and applied leaf are the same,
but they
    will never have the same value
  - 'use-dhcp' corner-case: intended config just enables specific derived
state
     to be used; disjoint data models

Somebody asked an important question at the interim:
Is the intent of this group to limit all YANG data models such that
they conform to 1D? (IMO that is a non-starter)

IMO requirement 1D presume that the solution involves separate
objects in the YANG data model for intended and applied states,
and therefore it is an invalid requirement.

Only the 2 protocol-based solutions address this issue by using
the same object identifier no matter which state is being queried.

Andy