Hi,

I was looking the Yang 1.1 ABNF Grammar, and noticed various places where the rules are specified as the directive "a string that matches the rule XXX", e.g.

   yang-version-arg-str = < a string that matches the rule
                           yang-version-arg >

   yang-version-arg    = "1"

It was slightly unclear to me exactly what is meant by this.

Am I right in understanding that the only valid text that would match yang-version-arg-str would be the 3 character sequence *"1"*, or is it more nuanced that this?

I.e. I presume that there is a good reason why these rules aren't just specified as the following:

yang-version-arg-str = DQUOTE yang-version-arg DQUOTE

Thanks,
Rob