[As a contributor]

This update reflects the four on-list email threads since -00 was published as
follows:

1. Regarding Balazs, Gert, and Robert’s thread here:
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/msg14243.html

The term “non-derived” state in Req #4 has been removed and new term
“Operational State” has been added.  The new requirement #3 is a little
different than what’s in draft-openconfig-netmod-opstate, but I believe that it
is what’s intended (no pun intended, doh!).  No change made clarifying long
running operations like backup, as this requirements draft, when referring to
“asynchronous", regards configuration operations.   Also no change made to add
a new requirement for a YANG annotation for config nodes that are known to have
potentially different intented-config value.

Git diffs:
https://github.com/netmod-wg/opstate-reqs/commit/6bc82d24e35337cb2229fb6338f21af2bf106647
https://github.com/netmod-wg/opstate-reqs/commit/3dabc4fa905c4d3037f808dbc8f18584d3e613d5

2. Regarding Jason and Gert’s thread here:
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/msg14342.html

I have not done anything about this yet, but it seems that something might need
to be done.  Personally, I don’t see how Rollback on Error could be allowed to
rollback the intended config set via an asynchronous commit (e.g., after <ok/>
has been sent).  My thinking is that the server should send <rpc-error> if the
client requests that combination.  FWIW, I’m not troubled by 'hybrid' or
cheating-synchronous implementations, as in my view, they don’t advertise
support for applied configurations or for synchronous commits.

3. Regarding Jason and Randy’s thread here:
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/msg14344.html

The old 2-A was removed since it’s a duplicate to 4-C, and then the old 2 was
removed since it’s covered in the new Operational State term.  The old #5 was
also removed to eliminate cruft from the draft.  Then I fixed Appendix B to
point to new section numbers.

Git diffs:
https://github.com/netmod-wg/opstate-reqs/commit/02ef5fedd4293024dab70514884e9661b9c86285
https://github.com/netmod-wg/opstate-reqs/commit/4a06744157dada4707a457ec06a17b048719ae0b

4. Regarding Jason and Gert’s thread here:
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/msg14343.html

No changes made here because I don’t think this hybrid case needs to be
defined.   In my view, a device either advertises support for synch or asynch
or both or none (default).  For the first three cases, the behavior is
explicitly defined.  For the last case, the behavior remains same as today
(undefined), which is needed for backwards compatibility.

Thanks,
Kent