Hi Gert,

> On 11 Jan 2016, at 14:25, Gert Grammel <ggram...@juniper.net> wrote:
>
> Lada,
>
> The requirement says:
>       D.  When a configuration change for any intended configuration
>           node has been successfully applied to the server (e.g. not
>           failed, nor deferred due to absent hardware) then the
>           existence and value of the corresponding applied
>           configuration node must match the intended configuration
>           node.
>
> I don't see that this would limit the case you described below. In your case
> there is no intended config, hence there is no "corresponding applied
> configuration" either.

You are right, the requirement can be interpreted this way. I thought that
applied configuration was supposed to be identical to intended after some
synchronization period.

> Besides that, the case you mentioned should be clearly in scope.

Great, then I am open to discussing what this could mean for the existing
modules (ietf-interfaces, ietf-routing, ACL etc.).

One useful change to YANG semantics could be that a leafref with
require-instance=true would refer to applied configuration. Specifically, the
ACL module could then simply use "if:interface-ref" (with
require-instance=true) as the type for "input-interface".

Thanks, Lada

> --Gert

Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C