Behcet Sarikaya <sarikaya2...@gmail.com> writes:

>  Hi Lada,
>
> When trying to validate NETCONF get reply in Appendix D, I ran into a
> problem:

I assume you mean Appendix D in RFC 7223.

> This annex introduces a namespace iana-if-types and none of the YANG
> modules of ietf-routing-cfg is dependent on this namespace.
> As a result, the NETCONF tool that I am using could not recognize
> ethernetCdmacd when it comes to the line
>
> <if:type>ianaift:ethernetCsmacd</if:type>
>
> I know that iana-if-types is defined at the beginning of the rpc reply
> but it seems like those declarations are simply ignored.

Pyang validates this. You have to include the iana-if-types module into
the data model, as explained here:

https://github.com/mbj4668/pyang/wiki/Tutorial#yang-data-model

If you use another tool than pyang, then the procedure will be different
but the principle is the same - ietf-if-types needs to be a part of the
data model, otherwise the interface type identities are unknown.

Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C