Ladislav Lhotka writes:
>>> 6087bis says in sec. 5.10:
>>>  Top-level database data definitions MUST NOT be mandatory.
>Right - I think the following should do:
>OLD
>  Top-level database data definitions MUST NOT be mandatory.
>NEW
>  Top-level data nodes that represent configuration MUST NOT be mandatory.

[old news, but...]

I guess I'm missing the use case for mandatory top-level config=false
data models.  Can you please describe one?  I imagine that just because
my device implements a non-config data model, I should not be forced
to generate data for it when/if that data is not needed.  What's the
scenario where I need to be forced to make this data?

Thanks,
 Phil