To add more comments:

On the L2SM meeting, several people (4 or more) believed the 3 service delivery
model examples ([I-D.dhjain-bess-bgp-l3vpn-yang], [I-D.ietf-bess-l2vpn-yang]
and [I-D.ietf-bess-evpn-yang]) are actually device models.

I think both of the two I-Ds ([draft-ietf-netmod-yang-model-classification] and
[draft-wu-opsawg-service-model-explained]) can check if those YANG models are
device models or service models.

Regards,
Tianran