On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 9:26 AM, Kent Watsen <kwat...@juniper.net> wrote:

> Is there a typo in your capability line?  s/netocnf/netconf/
>
> Is your server also advertising jnx-ietf-netocnf-monitoring-dev in its
> hello message?
>

> BTW, be aware that servers supporting RFC7950 no longer have "deviations="
> in the
>
> capability string, as the server is now expected to use YANG Library to
> announce
>
> conformance.

Not quite.
YANG 1.0 modules are still advertised according to RFC 6020.
YANG 1.1 module capability URIs are left out of the <hello>.

We ignore that rule and put them in the server <hello> because most client
tools don't follow
the RFC 7950 rules correctly. In our client, if the server advertises
"module-set-id"
then we read the /modules-state subtree (unless our cached data matches the
module-set-id).
We read /netconf-state/schemas if needed as well.

> K.

Andy