On 08/09/2017 11:56, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:
On Fri, Sep 08, 2017 at 11:17:10AM +0100, Robert Wilton wrote:

On 07/09/2017 22:23, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:
On Thu, Sep 07, 2017 at 10:51:54AM -0700, Andy Bierman wrote:
I suggested the naming guideline because the NMDA design team decided to
add semantics to certain naming patterns, so authors have to be warned.

But this is a really bad idea (and slippery slope).
I agree.
I think that there are really a few aspects to this:

[...]

CLRs are always created with the best intention but then they become
over time a problem. There is quite some experience with this.
In the same vane, I think that you could regard RFC 6087 and 6087bis as one long list of CLRs ...

But giving people sensible advice on how to use to produce good YANG models generally seems helpful to me.  But with the understanding that it is just advice, is not set in stone, and it could reasonably change over time.

I actually think that this sort of information (e.g. perhaps the bulk of 6087 content) may be better on wiki pages, where it is less formal and can change in a more fluid way.  Oops! I've just created another CLR ;-)

Thanks,
Rob