On 9/15/17 09:21, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 02:54:31PM +0200, Benoit Claise wrote:
>
>> Now, if you are already a YANG expert, I guess you don't use the
>> tree output much.
>
> I think this has nothing to do with YANG experience. The intention of
> the tree format was to provide a concise overview of the structure of
> the schema tree. If we start to include type specifics that can get
> very detailed, the diagrams loose their value.

I agree that clutter is bad.  I had the same reservation, but I am also
working with models and sharing information with people where a tree
that has a _bit_ more information would be useful.

I agree that showing this by default will be messy in some cases.  And
maybe this has moved to a question more for you, Martin, in pyang's
GitHub channel.  But if this output were put behind an option, would you
entertain a PR?

Joe