----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Bjorklund" <m...@tail-f.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2017 2:41 PM

> Andy Bierman <a...@yumaworks.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 16, 2017 at 12:24 AM, Juergen Schoenwaelder <
> > j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote:

RFC
> > > 7950.
> > > standards
> > > >

> > > RFC 8174:
> > >
> > >    o  These words can be used as defined here, but using them is
not
> > >       required.  Specifically, normative text does not require the
use
> > >       of these key words.  They are used for clarity and
consistency
> > >       when that is what's wanted, but a lot of normative text does
not
> > >       use them and is still normative.
> > >

> > So what?
> > Existing YANG specifications use RFC 2119 terms.
> > This draft uses those terms, just with lower-case.
>
> Actually, section 5.1 XPath Context in the revised datastore draft
> uses the same language as section 6.4.1 XPath Context in RFC 7950.  In
> fact, the text in the draft is copied (and adjusted) from RFC 7950.

Martin

'Adjusted' might be seen as a weasel word:-)

   If the XPath expression is defined in a substatement to a
      "notification" statement, the accessible tree is the notification
      instance, all state data in the server, and the running
      configuration datastore.

becomes

If the XPath expression is defined in a substatement to a
      "notification" statement, the accessible tree is the notification
      instance and all operational state in the server.

Goodbye <running> (well, running configuration in RFC7950).  Is it a
material difference? - it will take me a while to work that one out.

I focussed on the XPath rules because they seemed the clearest case, but
updating the definitions, and saying this section will replace the
definitions in [RFC6241] and [RFC7950] when these documents are revised
seems .... well, like an Erratum held for Update i.e. another Updates.

Tom Petch