Hi Kent,

Hi Benoit,

BCP seems right, but I wonder if there is some sort of stability metric that applies to BCPs.

   The BCP subseries of the RFC series is designed to be a way to
   standardize practices and the results of community deliberations.

YANG still seems to be evolving, so I can only imagine yet another update to this document

in the not too distant future.  Does that disqualify it in any way?

I don't think so. Implicitly, this says:

   The BCP subseries of the RFC series is designed to be a way to
   standardize practices and the results of community_current _deliberations.

If the YANG use and knowledge spread, this document will evolve in the future.

The problem to be solved, which I faced: "RFC6087 is informational (as opposed to BCP), so I don't feel like I should follow it"

Regards, Benoit

Kent