On 12/08/2017 04:06 PM, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:
On Fri, Dec 08, 2017 at 04:03:06PM +0100, Martin Bjorklund wrote:
Vladimir Vassilev <vladi...@transpacket.com> wrote:
On 11/15/2017 06:29 PM, Robert Wilton wrote:

I don't think that this is really a good idea.  You would end up
returning server metadata in addition to the configuration.
Obviously RFC 7895 defines only config false; data and I was not
proposing a change to that. But I agree something has to be added to
complete the solution. Special purpose datastore identities can be
defined that return instance of yang-library data when read with
<get-data>. (Datastores with yang-library config false; only data not
represented in 'operational')

Adding this special yang-library-datastore to the proposed
ietf-datastores container e.g.

module: ietf-datastores
+--ro datastores
|  +--ro datastore* [name]
|     +--ro name          identityref
|     +--ro yang-library-datastore          identityref

I don't understand this proposal.  How would a client learn the
library for <running>?  For <operational>?
My interpretation is that the client reads the datastores list from
<operational> and the list entries give you the identity of a separate
datastore that gives you the content of the yang library for that
datastore. (For each datastore, you have a separate datastore to
report its yang library.)
Yes. The default value for yang-library-datastore leaf is ds:operational (the only possible one for the ds:operational datastore). This is backward compatible. If one needs different model for 'running', etc. then a new datastore identity has to be defined  and set in place of the default value. Then this identity can be used to read the yang-library data with <get-data>.

Vladimir