Hi,

unfortunately, using an action for querying embedded YANG library data
(needed for the "inline" case of schema mount) doesn't work either
because now under NMDA actions can be used only on instances in the
<operational> datastore.

However, a good alternative seems to be a metadata annotation along the
lines of RFC 7952, for example with the alternative B of the newly
proposed YANG library schema:

     md:annotation schema-ref {
       type leafref {
         path "/yanglib:yang-library/yanglib:schema/yanglib:name";
       }
     }

In other words, all inline mounted schemas would be included in the
top-level YANG library, and mount point instances in all datastores
would be annotated with leafref pointing to the actual schema.

Unlike regular state data, it is IMO no problem to permit such
annotations in configuration datastores.

Opinions?

Thanks, Lada