Hi Lada,

On 16/02/2018 09:06, Ladislav Lhotka wrote:
Robert Wilton <rwil...@cisco.com> writes:

I should add, as a contributor, I have read this document and think that
is ready for advancement.

I have three minor comments:

1) module "feature" in YANG library is a leaf-list, but currently it is
a list in YANG libary bis. I suspect that this is due to one of the
incarnations when it contained additional information.  I think that we
should revert it back to being a leaf list for consistency.

2) Lada recommended that module "deviation" be made a leaf-list. I also
support changing this for consistency with "feature" above, but don't
feel too strongly on this one.
I agree to have both as leaf-lists.

3) I think the "modules" list is also allowed to included modules that
don't actually contain any nodes that require implementation.  Hence, it
might be useful of the "modules" description statement explicitly stated
this.  I.e. perhaps something like:

"This list may contain modules that do not contain any schema nodes that
require implementation.  For example, it could contain a module that
only defines types and not any data nodes, RPCs, actions, notifications,
or deviations."
Hmm, such modules belong to the other list "import-only-modules", don't
they?
So my reasoning is that either is valid.

I.e. a module being listed under "modules" means that it implements all data nodes, RPCs, actions, notifications, deviations, etc.  If a module doesn't contain any data nodes, RPCs, actions, notifications, deviations, etc then it is trivially implemented :-)

As an aside, RFC 7950 states in 5.6.5:

 A server implements a module if it implements the module's data
   nodes, RPCs, actions, notifications, and deviations.

I wonder whether identities shouldn't also be on this list, since section 9.10.2 states:

On a particular server, the valid values are further restricted
to the set of identities defined in the modules implemented by the server.

Thanks,
Rob

Lada

Thanks,