Kent, Tom, Yaron, and Ron,

A new version of the draft-ietf-netmod-syslog-model has been published that
addresses your concerns.

Thanks,

Clyde

On 2/20/18, 9:06 AM, "netmod on behalf of Kent Watsen" <netmod-boun...@ietf.org
on behalf of kwat...@juniper.net> wrote:

    > Kent
    >
    > You illustrate beautifully the problem I would like a solution to.
    >
    > The current thinking AFAICT is that tree-diagrams
    > should be an Informative Reference.
    >
    > Therefore, the RFC Editor will not hold publication until an RFC number
    > is assigned.
    >
    > Therefore, a note asking the I-D reference to be updated to reflect the
    > assigned RFC number is null - the RFC can be published with the
    > reference as an i-d and not as an RFC which is what I expect the RFC
    > Editor to do.
    >
    > QED

    Except I know that this draft will be stuck in MISREF state and
tree-diagrams
    will in fact be assigned an RFC number by the time this draft is published.

    K.

    > Note that this is not the case of a Normative i-d reference being buried
    > in the YANG module and not being.noticed by the RFC Editor; that problem
    > I am content with.
    >

    >Tom Petch

    > Please also address these issues when posting -21 to address Benoit's
    issues.  Please post -21 ASAP as Benoit has already placed this draft on
    the IESG telechat in a couple weeks.

    <netmod-boun...@ietf.org<mailto:netmod-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of
    bcla...@cisco.com<mailto:bcla...@cisco.com>> wrote:

    > Dear all,
    >
    > - the draft is NMDA compliant, right? It should be mentioned.
    > Ex: draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7223bis-03, in the abstract and intro
    >
    >    The YANG model in this document conforms to the Network Management
    >
    >    Datastore Architecture defined in
    I-D.ietf-netmod-revised-datastores.

    > - As mentioned in the writeup, [I-D.ietf-netmod-yang-tree-diagrams]
    should be an informative reference, not normative.