On 27/04/18 12:03, Martin Bjorklund wrote:
>>> This is true. We used to do this before yang-data was available.
>> If I remember correctly, the stuff was inside groupings that were not used
>> anywhere.
> Which doesn't quite work, since no namespace is attached to the nodes.

True, but that is can boil down to a simple data transplant:

1) treat the nodes declared in a grouping to be defined underneath their
containing grouping identifier
2) recognized when grouping instantiations are data-compatible (i.e.
disregarding namespace)

Unlike an extension, this behavior becomes default-on, not something you
opt into by using an extension -- which would necessitate a revision of
existing modules take advantage of.

Regards,
Robert

P.S.: OpenDaylight Java Bindinds do this to a certain, not perfect, extent.