Hello Netmod Working Group,

we have just submitted a new draft on Smart Filters for Push Updates:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-clemm-netmod-push-smart-filters-00

This draft supersedes  draft-clemm-netconf-push-smart-filters-ps that recently
expired.  The draft involves the definition of  a YANG data model that allows
to define more advanced filters than the ones defined with YANG-Push,
specifically filters that can take into account values of data nodes as well as
state.  This allows to define filters for thresholds, recent high-water marks,
and more.  It is also a building block for network automation, providing the
event portion for many types of Event-Condition-Action-based control loops.
The draft at this point contains little more than the motivation and problem
statement; the actual YANG data model is still to be defined; however, we felt
it would be good to have a placeholder posted so we can have discussions in
Montreal.

--- Alex (on behalf of coauthors: Eric, Xiufeng, Igor, Tianran, Walker, Henk)