Hi Martin, Andy,

Despite what YANG the language allows, I think that it is much cleaner use of the language to split types/groupings that are expected to be shared by other modules into separate "*_types.yang" modules.

I agree with Andy that it is strange to support a feature in a module that is not itself implemented.

My hope with YANG library-bis is that most implementations can get by with an empty "import-only-modules" list, and that they can define all modules (including types only modules) in the "module" list of implemented modules.

So, I actually think that the workaround using deviations below is OK, because this scenario should be avoidable by having a clean separation between external reusable types and implementable nodes.

Thanks,
Rob