Having worked with UIs that have the behavior of accepting an address/prefix-len and mapping it to a prefix, (i.e., network/prefix-len and zeroing out the non-significant bits)  - some users really like it as they don't have to do the transformation from address to network, notably for odd length prefixes, while other users hate it as the system shows/does something different than what they entered.

In the end the current definition is what it is.  If we want something different we can define it. I personally think an address/prefix-len would be useful, and would leave ip-prefix as is.  (again just an individual's opinion.)

Lou