From: Alexander Clemm <a...@futurewei.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:38 PM
To: Carey, Timothy (Nokia - US) <timothy.ca...@nokia.com>; netmod@ietf.org
Subject: RE: Performance considerations for draft-ietf-netmod-nmda-diff

Hi Tim,

this aspect is currently mentioned in the security considerations, specifically
the last paragraph
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-nmda-diff-02#page-14),
mentioning the fact that comparing datastores for differences requires a
certain amount of processing resources, which could be leveraged by an attacker
to consume resources via illegitimate requests, and outlining mitigations
(ranging from NACM, to limiting the number of requests per time interval and
reserving the option to reject a request).   Do you think this is sufficient?
Adding a separate performance considerations section is of course possible but
would be somewhat redundant.

--- Alex