On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 06:41:42PM -0400, Ladislav Lhotka wrote:

> But these two unsupported cases only make sense in the context of DNS zone
> data.
> I would suggest instead
>
> NEW:
>
>         "The domain-name type represents a DNS domain name.  The
>          name SHOULD be fully qualified whenever possible.
>          This type is not intended for modeling DNS zone data, as
>          it does not support wildcards [RFC 4592] and classless
>          in-addr.arpa delegations [RFC 2317]."

Yes, this is better. I will put the following in the next revision:

     "The domain-name type represents a DNS domain name.  The
      name SHOULD be fully qualified whenever possible. This
      type does not support wildcards (see RFC 4592) and
      classless in-addr.arpa delegations (see RFC 2317).

And I will remove the sentence you wanted to remove since the above
more clearly explains when to use / not to use this type.

Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>