>>> So you want to work on YANG 1.2, but just the parts you want to change? ;-)
>> I am actually fine with not doing any changes to YANG 1.1 at all, except
>> perhaps
>> bug fixes. This doesn't necessarily mean closing the NETMOD WG, it would IMO
>> be
>> immensely useful to rewrite the language specification and remove NETCONF-
>> and
>> XML-specific part.
>
> +1. There are plenty of ambiguities and NETCONF/XML pollution in the
> spec. Having the specifications in a DAG would be immensely useful :)

Agreed and I should've mentioned before that Martin said in Prague that he'd
already started this effort, seeing it as a necessary pre-step before making
other changes.  I'm unsure if the intention is to release this by itself as an
RFC 7950 bis but, if looking for a minimal change, that might be it.  The next
rung up would be to just add clarifications.  The next rung up from there would
be to add only backwards-compatible changes (currently targeted by [1]).  The
last rung being to also target NBC changes (there's no consensus to do this).

[1] https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-next/projects/2
<https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-next/projects/2>

Kent