Correct and, to be even more clear, the location where the fold occurred was
between the '\' and '\n' in the original input, thus producing the sequence:
'\' + '\' + '\n' + '\n', where the first and last characters are from the input
and the inner-two characters were introduced by the folding process.

Alexey, does this explanation clear your DISCUSS?

Kent // co-author