On 2020-04-07, at 21:47, Juergen Schoenwaelder
<j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote:

> For me, the question is whether this ID defines SIDs and the other ID
> details how they are managed or this ID imports the definition of SIDs
> from the other document, which also details how they are managed.
> Right now, it seem something in between, i.e., it is not clear what
> the dependencies between these specifications is.

Thank you for that feedback.

So I think we need to be a bit more radical/precise:

-YANG-CBOR should explain that SIDs are 63-bit unsigned integers and how the
delta encoding in the CBOR map keys works.  I.e., define the concept, but not
the number space management.

-sid does the latter.

The document that defines the media types (comi) gets to bind YANG-CBOR, for
these media types, to the specific SID concept defined in -sid.

-YANG-CBOR can still refer to -sid as a preferred way to manage the number
space.
But you can implement -YANG-CBOR without understanding -sid, so this is not a
normative reference.
Any other document using -YANG-CBOR can refer to -sid as well (or,
exceptionally, to something specific for that usage).

Grüße, Carsten