Hi all,

I was a bit surprised to find this in section 7.15 of 7950 recently:

   Since an action cannot be defined at the top level of a module or in
   a "case" statement, it is an error if a grouping that contains an
   action at the top of its node hierarchy is used at the top level of a
   module or in a case definition.

I realize that actions can be placed down in a schema tree (i.e. sit in the
context of a container or list), but why is it phrased that they *must* be in a
container?

RPCs are limited to being at the root. I would have thought actions could be
anywhere (root or down in the tree).

Jason