Hi Kent,

On 7/30/20, 4:55 PM, "netmod on behalf of Kent Watsen"
<netmod-boun...@ietf.org on behalf of k...@watsen.net> wrote:

    > Thanks for pointing to the definitions in draft-nainar-mpls-lsp-ping-yang.
    > With that, your request is relatively clear now

    Looking at draft-nainar-mpls-lsp-ping-yang, the proposal is a “typedef”
that constrains inet:ipv[46]-address so that it can only contain loopback
address values.

    > and the question the WG
    > needs to answer is whether these types are common enough to warrant being
    > part of inet-types, i.e., are there any other places where these types
    > may be useful?

    I don’t think so, but I’m not a routing person.

I wouldn't think that an internal loopback address would be widely used. In
fact, I checked our Cisco native models for IOS-XE and there is no such
definition.

Thanks,
Acee

    > /js