Qin -

It puzzles me that you should take umbrage at my statement,
when it seems that you are in full agreement with my point

Randy

On 2021-03-17 6:06 PM, Qin Wu wrote:
Randy:
We feel that we are victim of this discussion with confusing title. I don’t
want to comment on whether the intent is right or it is time for intent or not,
you have your judgement, but:
1. The liaison is sent to NMRG instead of this WG since they believe the more
relevant work is over there. (https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1724/)
2. The intent in different context means different things, intent translation,
intent mapping, combining with AL/ML is not in the scope of this work.
3. The ECA model borrows similar concept from RMON which is successfully
specified by IETF, ROMN is extension of SNMP, provides traffic flow data for
troubleshooting and provides the control to adjust for better performance. So
why not ECA
4. ECA is abstracted from bottom up and use telemetry protocol as a good basis
and provide a clear semantics which is different from intent you quoted from
elsewhere.

-Qin