Hi Tony,

I would argue that YANG is a data modeling language. Another disadvantage of
the bits type that it isn't augmentable with new bits. Hence, usage of unused
bits requires a new version of the module as opposed to an augmentation. For
that reason, we greatly limited their usage in routing modules and used
identities instead.

Thanks,
Acee

On 4/2/21, 12:14 PM, "netmod on behalf of Tony Li" <netmod-boun...@ietf.org on